- 3 tablespoons prepared green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 each small shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil or coconut oil
- 1 Fresno chile, cut into rings (seeded or not, depending on your spice preference)
- 1 14 oz can of unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 pound mussels, thawed*
- Reserved mussel liquid
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup green beans, cut into 1” strips
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Thai or Japanese eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon rough chopped Thai basil
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- *To thaw mussels, place them in a colander. Reserve the juice.
- Put oil in medium size pot over medium heat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the ginger, garlic, Fresno chilis and shallots. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice, fish sauce and mussel liquid. Bring it to a simmer.
- Add the green beans, tomatoes and eggplant. Return to a simmer.When the sauce is heated through, add the herbs and mussels. Bring to a simmer again and adjust seasoning, as necessary.
- Serve with steamed rice.