- 1 pound salmon, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 pound mussels, thawed with juice reserved
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil. When it’s shimmering add the onions and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes until soft and not browned.
- Add the tomato paste, chile flakes and cinnamon. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the wine and clam juice and bring to a simmer. Add the diced tomatoes with juice and bring to a simmer, then add the herbs and seasonings.
- Add the mussels with reserved juice, salmon and shrimp and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes or until the salmon and shrimp are cooked through.
- Adjust seasoning again.
- Divide into bowls and serve with slices of crunchy bread.