- 8 oz of salmon portions cut into 2oz pieces
- 1 tablespoon BBQ spice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon neutral oil, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha or other hot sauce
- 4 pineapple rings cut into quarters
- 8 slices of red onion
- 8 sprigs of cilantro
- 8 sweet slider buns, like brioche or Hawaiian rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to Broil.
- Place the pineapple and red onion on a foil lined sheet tray and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil, a pinch of salt and grind of pepper.
- Season the salmon slices with BBQ spice, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, teriyaki and hot sauce to combine. Set aside.
- Place the pineapple and red onion under a hot broiler for 3-4 minutes or until slightly charred and heated through. Set aside.
- Open the slider buns and place on another sheet tray. Broil the buns until they are nicely toasted. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil. When the oil shimmers add the salmon slices.
- Cook the salmon for 2 minutes then flip it and cook 2 minutes more. Remove the salon from the heat and set aside.
- Place 1 teaspoon of teriyaki mayonnaise on both the bottom and top of each slider bun.
- Place 1 slice of salmon on each bun.
- Top with 2 pieces of pineapple, 1 ring of red onion and a sprig of cilantro.
- Repeat with remaining buns.