- One 2-3 pound PrimeWaters® Salmon fillet or four to five salmon portions
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Place all ingredients, except the salmon in a bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Season salmon with the BBQ seasoning by applying a small amount on the skin-side, then liberally season the flesh-side. Use approximately 1 teaspoon for the skin-side and 2 teaspoons for the flesh-side. Any remaining rub can be saved and used for other grilling recipes.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- Once the grill is hot and the seasoning has been on the salmon for 30 minutes, place the fish skin-side down on the grill and close the cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the thickest part of the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Use two spatulas to carefully remove salmon from the grill.
- Cover salmon with foil and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.