- 4 5 oz - 6 oz skinless salmon portions
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cucumber peeled, halved, seeded and diced into 1” pieces
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, sliced into 1/4” julienne
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/2 cup your favorite Mediterranean-inspired vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese to taste
- Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil and dried oregano and pour over the salmon portions.
- Season each salmon portion with a good pinch of salt and grind of pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in nonstick pan. When the oil is shimmering add the salmon.
- Cook the salmon for 3 minutes then flip over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and let it rest as you build the salad.
- Combine the red onion, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, parsley, mint, oregano and chile flakes in a large bowl and toss to combine everything.
- Add the vinaigrette and toss to combine it with the salad ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning and add more vinaigrette if desired.
- Divide the salad between 4 large bowls.
- Top the salads with the cooked salmon portions and sprinkle some olives and crumbled feta cheese on top.