- Four 5-ounce PrimeWaters® Salmon portions
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 12″ nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once the oil shimmers, place the salmon skin-side down in the pan. Cook for approximately 4 minutes or until the skin is crisp.
- Flip salmon and cook flesh-side down for 1-2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan.
- Baste the salmon with the butter and cook to an internal temperature of 145°F. Transfer salmon to a warm plate and set aside. Take pan off heat and add capers, parsley, fresh lemon juice, white wine, garlic and red chili flakes.
- Put the pan back over low heat and add remaining 2 teaspoons of butter and swirl the pan to emulsify the butter into the sauce.
- Plate the salmon and spoon the sauce over the top.