- 24 shell on shrimp
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Solid pinch of saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread 6 shrimp across 2 skewers (2 skewers are easier to turn on the grill).
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Place butter, sherry, saffron, salt, pepper and paprika in a ramekin. Cover with plastic and microwave for 15 second intervals until the butter is melted. Set aside.
- Heat grill to high. When it is hot clean and lightly oil the grates.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through and the shells are slightly charred.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat and spoon the melted butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Serve the remaining butter on the side.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.