- 12 oz shrimp
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 2-3 tablespoons minced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons peas
- Toss shrimp with the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in sauté pan. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook until golden brown. Remove the garlic and butter from the pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to same pan and add shrimp. When the shrimp are just cooked through, toss with the garlic butter mixture and ad the chopped parsley and green onions.
Pineapple Fried Rice:
- Cook rice per package directions and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a non-stick pan. When it’s hot, add the egg and stir fry until almost set.
- Add the cooked rice, soy sauce, chile paste, pineapple and peas and toss over high heat until well combined and slightly charred.
- Serve shrimp over the rice.