- 1/2 cup shrimp
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cooked multicolor quinoa (or ¼ cup red quinoa and ¾ cup white quinoa)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Juice from 1 lemon, divided
- 1 tablespoon rough chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1 wedge of an avocado
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted peppers
- 1 cup baby kale or arugula, chopped
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the smoked paprika, cayenne powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground black pepper, sea salt, dried basil, dried oregano and dried thyme in a bowl and rub the mixture over the shrimp until each one is coated generously.
- Cook the quinoa as instructed on the package.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and coat the pan with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Arrange the shrimp in the pan in one layer. Let them cook for 2 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 2 minutes until cooked through and nicely seared.
- Combine the quinoa with 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of half a lemon, 1 tablespoon parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place the quinoa in the bottom of a deep bowl.
- Arrange all the other ingredients around the bowl in a thoughtful way.
- Drizzle remaining oil, lemon zest, juice and 1 teaspoon parsley over the top a sprinkle of salt and grind of pepper to finish.