Traced to the Pristine Waters of Chilean Patagonia
Enjoy the delicious taste of PrimeWaters® organic mussels, sourced from the pristine waters of Patagonia. PrimeWaters® mussels are pre-cooked and traceable from shore to door so you can feel confident whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or preparing a weekday meal.
Your PrimeWaters® mussels were raised without antibiotics and certified organic by OIA under the EU standard by the Chequian farm, located off the island of Quinchao, in Southern Chile.
With cold, crystalline waters, the island of Quinchao is an optimal location to raise mussels and has a long tradition of raising marine life.
These mussels were raised without hormones or GMOs following quality standards, including a strong respect for nature and biodiversity as well as sustainable environmental and waste management protocols.
About Your PrimeWaters® Mussels
- Raised without antibiotics, our organic mussels have a sweet and tender taste perfect for seafood stews, pasta dishes and more.
- PrimeWaters® mussels are ocean transported, significantly reducing CO2 emissions as compared to air transport.
- Our mussels are BAP certified to meet the BAP’s global standard for responsible aquaculture.
- PrimeWaters® mussels are Certified Organic by Organización Internacional Agropecuaria (OIA) under the EU Standard.
PrimeWaters® mussels are pre-cooked. They are quick to prepare
and pair deliciously with a variety of flavors and cuisines.
Empty Contents of Pouch
High Heat for 6-7 Minutes
Heat for 6 Minutes
Open Bag & Serve
Our mussels are fully cooked and even if unopened, are still safe to eat. They can quickly be heated from frozen on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Please note that some mussels may not open due to a strong abductor muscle. This is the muscle responsible for opening and closing the mollusk. Keep unopened shells in their original juices and heat an additional 1-3 minutes. If they still do not open, you can pry them open using one of the other shells and enjoy! Check out our recipe suggestions for inspiration!
Benefits of Frozen
Our mussels are frozen at the peak of freshness, helping to ensure food safety and conservation of taste. Frozen mussels have a longer shelf life than fresh mussels, helping you provide a delicious meal without a same day run to the store.
It is important to handle all seafood safely to avoid risk of food-borne illness. For best results, heat PrimeWaters® mussels from frozen. Keep mussels frozen until ready to use.
PrimeWaters® mussels are certified organic, raised without antibiotics and are an excellent source of protein.
Your PrimeWaters® organic mussels are:
- Certified organic
- BAP Certified
- Raised without antibiotics
- 600mg Omega 3 fatty acids (188mg EPA Fatty Acids, 276mg DHA Fatty Acids per 100mg)
- 16g of protein per serving
- Excellent source of Iron